Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ladies, A Little Manly Advice


There has been something gnawing at me for about a month and a half since my last relationship ended. I wanted to take some time and think about it so that my emotions were not all askew. I also wanted to look at what has happened to other relationships and see if I am not the only one with this idea. So ladies, here is a little advice from a man about relationships.

Ladies, DO NOT talk to your friends about a problem in your relationship before you talk to your boyfriend about it. It can only make things worse. This has happened to me on more than one occasion. A little tiff about a comment or action between a girlfriend and boyfriend can turn into an international incident once the friends get involved.

Let's say for instance you have mentioned to your girlfriend that you are looking to lose a few pounds and how you plan on accomplishing your goal. Your girlfriend then tells you how proud her doctor was that she has lost 11 pounds since she started her diet. You then reply, "Great! How much weight are you looking to lose?"

Now, I see this as an innocent question after a couple has been dating for a decent amount of time and you are both very comfortable with each other. Even after the fact that the man says he hoped that question did not offend her. Two days later, after talking it over with her friends, they all now believe that you called her a pig and you are the scum of the earth.

Look, I know that ladies are sensitive about their weight and their appearance, but you have to give a man some credit. Most men are not stupid enough to flat out call their girlfriend fat.

I understand that girls will talk to their friends about everything, but when a problem arises ladies, talk to your man before you hang him out to dry and your emotions take control. You think your friends can give you the best advice when in reality it is more like the Nuremberg Trials and the sentence has already been given.

Yes, I know it is much easier to just go to your friends and tell them what happened, but if you want a relationship to keep going communication is the key. You have to listen and talk to each other and not get your friends involved. And when I say talk, I mean TALK. Do it in person or at least over the phone, having an argument over text or IM is just plain gutless.

I hope I shed a little light on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment