Sunday, April 4, 2010

Baseball Opening Day

As much as I love football, and eagerly await the kickoff to the new season, there is still something magic about Opening Day of the baseball season!

Everyone starts fresh and even my Orioles appear to have a shot of being a contender each Opening Day! Then the next day they are back to being awful. It's the smell of fresh grass, hot dogs, beer, and peanuts, it's hearing "Play Ball," "God Bless America," and "Take Me Out To the Ball Game" and knowing that America's pastime is back for another year.

I remember Opening Day for Little League in the small town of Perrysburg, Ohio where I went to elementary school. All us kids were in our new uniforms, we all got to play a quick game, and one year I got a huge ovation as I dropped the police chief in the dunk tank twice.

Yes, football is still my favorite. However, there will always be a special place in my heart for baseball and Opening Day.

As for this season, the Orioles will improve a little from last year, but still finish forth in their division. World Series Pick: Phillies over the Yankees.

Take me out to the Ball Game!

No comments:

Post a Comment