Sunday, January 24, 2010

Laughter takes pain away from Tennessee loss

So my family had tickets to see Bill Cosby last evening and it was awesome! Bill Cosby: Himself was the first stand-up I ever saw and I had never laughed so hard. I spent the next few years memorizing the album, much to the chagrin of my parents. At 70 Mr. Cosby can still make me crack up. He told some great stuff about getting married and what to look forward to after 40+ years or marriage. If you have the chance, go see his show!

All that laughter sure took the pain away from the Tennessee loss at Georgia last evening as well. I kept getting score updates during the show, and it just kept getting worse and worse. I think the Vols were due for a wake up call. They had been very resilient since all the arrests and suspensions, it was about time they walked into a buzz saw. Georgia may have been 0-3 in the SEC but they had played every team close, including Kentucky on the road.

I wouldn't worry about the Vols too much. They will be just fine this season. Bruce is one of the best coaches Tennessee has had in any sport, just keep the faith in him.

One other note, my Championship game picks:

Colts over Jets

Saints over Vikings

Enjoy the football today!

No comments:

Post a Comment